Tuesday 3 December 2013

Day Three: Sharing Colours & A Swap


We're drawing inspiration from Old Skool colour meme we did back in 2006 (Yes, 2006!)
PLUS this wouldn't be an Old Skool blogathon without a SWAP!

SWAP DETAILS!

The Swapage: 1 Inspiration Envelope
This may including any fun, colourful, inspiring goodness that fits in 1 letter-size envelope that you will mail (Yes, snail mail! We're going old skool after all!) to one of your fellow Kickin' It Old Skool swappers. Think poems, stickers, cut-outs, quotes, bookmarks or heck... even a letter!

To participate in the SWAP: email Jamie your mailing address
by Thursday December 5, 2013 at 12midnight EST
and you will get your swap buddy's details on Friday December 6, 2013.
The plan is for the swap to be sent in the mail by Monday December 9, 2013 so everyone can receive their goodies by the end of the blog-a-thon.

To keep you busy for today's blog posting, we bring you your regularly scheduled Meme.

[ RED ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of red?
  2. Closest red thing to you?
  3. What is the last thing that made you angry?
  4. Are you a fan of romance?
  5. Do you have a temper?
[ GREEN ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of green?
  2. Closest green thing to you?
  3. What's your favourite green environment?
  4. Are you jealous of anyone right now?
  5. Are you a lucky person?
[ PURPLE ]

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of purple?
  2. Closest purple thing to you?
  3. Do you like being treated like royalty?
  4. Do you like mysterious things?
  5. Are you intuitive?
[ BLUE ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of blue?
  2. Closest blue thing to you?
  3. Are you good at calming people down?
  4. What's your favourite body of water (i.e. lake, ocean, etc)?
  5. What was the last thing that made you cry?
  6. Are you a logical thinker?
[ YELLOW ]

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of yellow?
  2. Closest yellow thing to you? 
  3. What was one of the happiest times of your life?
  4. What's your favourite holiday?
  5. What makes you happy?
[ PINK ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of pink?
  2. Closest pink thing to you?
  3. What sweet things do you like?
  4. Are you sensitive?
  5. What is your favourite flower?
  6. Does you have a crush on someone?
[ ORANGE ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of orange?
  2. Closest orange thing to you?
  3. Do you dress up for Halloween?
  4. What gives you the warm fuzzies?
  5. What would your superpower be?
[ BROWN ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of brown?
  2. Closest brown thing to you?
  3. What is your favourite type of chocolate?
  4. What makes you feel grounded?
  5. Paint the wood or always leave it au naturel?
[ WHITE ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of white?
  2. Closest white thing to you?
  3. Do you always try to keep the peace?
  4. Do you like to play in the snow?
  5. Are you afraid of going to the doctors or dentist?
[ BLACK ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of black?
  2. Closest black thing to you?
  3. Are you sophisticated or silly?
  4. Do you have a lot of secrets?
  5. What's the new black?

Enter Your Colour Meme Post Below:


To Participate it the SWAP email Jamie your mailing address by Thursday December 5, 2013 at 12midnight EST

21 comments:

  1. hey Jamie, i want to swap but my windows live mail is on the fritz, so i can't email you using your link...so...my mailing address is:
    Laurie Richardson
    13802 Ash Way
    Everett, WA 98204
    THANK YOU for a FUN idea! (and blog questions today too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That colours post was so much fun and I'm looking forward to the swap, too! :-)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the swap thing isn't for me, but I adore all the questions! had just enough time before work this morning to get it done.
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not getting the email link either Jamie -- it's going to my desktop...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry some of you are having trouble with the email link. You can send me your addy at jamie (at) openthedoor (dot) ca - without all the extras.

    So fun to think about snail mail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my address went through to you! I love snail mail and as a card maker, it is wonderful for me!

      Delete
  6. woot - thanks guys - this was fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that was interesting. I usually don't do "list" things but I actually enjoyed doing that one. I'll have to pass it on to some of my journal writing buddies who are definitely list people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope it's OK I used your photo, I loved it so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I could easily spend all day doing this! Too bad I have to get some REAL work done! Going to try to keep checking out others as I go along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeay! finally out of the 60's on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I could do the swap - sounds fun! Just can't swing it right now. Hope everyone posts photos of their creations. Would love to see them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just get a blank screen when I try to link to Jamie's email...urgh on Windows 8...
    will keep trying...
    Will come back tonight to read other posts... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you're having trouble, Lisa! You can email me at jamie (at) openthedoor (dot) ca - without all the extras.

      Delete
  13. Wow, this one took a while but it was fun! Looking forward to the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was a fun one. Thank you for your comments - it feels so good to hear that something I've written made someone laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked this one. Sorry I missed yesterday! What sort of things would be good to include in the letter?

    ReplyDelete